PDA

View Full Version : Time Change Problem

Webhead68
03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
OK, this is just a wierd problem. Ever since day light savings time. I reset the time on my BB, but when I sync with my PC it set the BB time back an hour. Anyone else had this issue or is it just me?

I just went into settings and set the Date/Time Source: to Network from Blackberry. Not sure if this will fix it or not????

But I never had this problem until the time change.

Any help would be appreciated....

Andi
03-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Have you installed the DST patch?

Connect to PC via usb, go to this link on the PC:
BlackBerry (http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/patch/desktop/dst_update_loader.shtml)

OR

On the BB browser go to the BlackBerry Help bookmark and download OTA (I had a problem doing this with a couple 7100s so I prefer the first choice)

bseybolt
03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I've got a 7100 with the most recent OS and DST patch. It still shows the calendar off from the user's Notes calendar. Any suggestions aside from wiping it and starting over?

Webhead68
03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Have you installed the DST patch?

Connect to PC via usb, go to this link on the PC:
BlackBerry (http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/patch/desktop/dst_update_loader.shtml)

OR

On the BB browser go to the BlackBerry Help bookmark and download OTA (I had a problem doing this with a couple 7100s so I prefer the first choice)

There was no link????

leopard
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Update your desktop manager to 4.2 sp1 and that shoudl resolve your problem.

Webhead68
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Update your desktop manager to 4.2 sp1 and that shoudl resolve your problem.

I did that shortly before DST. Downloading the patch OTA worked perfectly thanks for you help guys.....

FLHP
03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I've been having the same problem with a 7290. Not only at sync, but at random times. I went in and checked the set up for the time. I set it at Blackberry, and it changed after I had it update the time. I set it to network, and it doesn nothing. On the bottom portion of the screen, it listed the correct time for the network, just wouldn't apply to the device. I'm updating the file now, so we'll see what works.

edbc
03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I have installed both the DST patch on my PC and the SP1 on BB Desktop 4.1. for my 7130e.

When I synch with MS Outlook is either changes the appointments by one hour or duplicates the appointment at an hour earlier on my BB.

I can't wait for the last weekend in April when the problem should recitify itself.

kensue49
03-20-2007, 09:16 PM
When I update with the time change patch it showed an hour later on my appointments. I sync'ed and fumed but no change. Then I removed my battery and when it rebooted it was fine. Everything was correct in my appointments.