PDA

View Full Version : Error when starting desktop manager

captainkirk28
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Every time I open desktop manager, I get the following windows installer error message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'BlackBerry 8703e.msi in the box below.

If I click OK, I then get this error message:

The path
C\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\_isD\Blackberry 8703e.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'BlackBerry 8703e.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product BlackBerry v4.1.0 for the 8703e Series Wireless Device.

I cannot uninstall the program from add/remove programs without receiving the same message.

I have also downloaded the latest desktop manager and still get the error message. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

mike_187
03-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Have you tried reinstalling the 8704 software, it sounds like its missing the OS files.

Ekrimmer
03-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Try this:
Run the downloade exe, once it has gotten to the point where you can proceed with your install locate the temp folder the files were extracted to. The .msi file is likely in there. Copy it to the location you specified above. Cancel the install and then return to starting the DM.

I would suggest you then uninstall the DM and reinstall it cleanly.

igaravidezk
06-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow. Simple but Genoius! LOL. Thanks I have been looking for a fix to this issue and this one worked great!!

celltester
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I have a BB 8703e, the device of choice after my 7130. I am getting the same error as above,

the path 'C:\DOCUME~1\e0101402\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_is3E\blackberry7130.msi' cannot be found, verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package "Blackberry7130.msi" in a folder from which you can install the product Blackberry v4.1.0 for 7130e Series Wireless Device

but I wasn't tracking your instructions very well. The seem percise, but I wasn't able to locate where the "Blackberry7130E.msi" file was so I could zap it. This is absolutely driving me insane. I am using Desktop Manager 4.1, don't know if that makes a difference or not, but any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Hall
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I have the same problem, but I am receiving the message for both the file 'Blackberry 8703e.msi' and 'DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi'. I tried the fix suggested above, but was not able to locate where the temp folder is located. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DM numerous times to no avail.