PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry feature

CuongN
03-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok so I just transfer my number from t-mobile to cingular and I order a blackberry pearl. My brother tell me something abotu blackberry feature where they charge you for their service plus the cingular service. So I want to know how to cancel or do what ever so they wont charge me for something extra. I am sorry if someone already ask this question but I try to search for it but couldn't find the exact question I am looking for.

Dubdub
03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
You have to have a BB dataplan for Internet and email. It is 29.99 a month plus voice service.

Is that what you are asking about?

If you need to cancel the best way is to pick up the phone and call

CuongN
03-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Well I just want to know when you order a blackberry do they add something extra and you have to pay for it. I try calling cingular but they are close after 9, I will call them tomorrow.

takeshi
03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Not necessarily. You can always call to verify if there's a data plan on your account.

brucejr
03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
But remember CuongN you will need the BB plan (no matter the provider) in order to access email, and internet.

ladydi
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Aren't most carriers (US) requiring that you have a BB plan with a BB? Although, its pretty useless without a bb plan anyhow.

CuongN
03-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your reply, I just call Cingular and they say its not on my plan so I don't have to worry about it. I was afraid they would add the BB plan automatically and charge me for it because I don't use the email, internet or any of those feature so I don't need the BB plan.

brucejr
03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
This might sound silly so forgive me if it does:oops: . Why exactly do you have a BB if you do not intend to use those features???? Just curious that is all.

CuongN
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Well first of all I like the look of the blackberry, second I am not a business person or anything so I just need a phone to call and talk to people. When I bought the phone I had no idea that blackberry contain those kind of feature, I have the 8100 and it look like a normal phone and I can transfer music from my computer to the phone and thats why I bought it.

brucejr
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
This is true. The 8100 is opening up a whole new market to the BB. I went from the 8703e to the 8100. Lots more features (as someone said, feature rich).