PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver with info

spackler
03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I recently got my first BlackBerry - 8703e and love it! But wondering if I can set up the screensaver to display the time and/or if I have missed any calls. I frequently leave me desk during the day and would love to have the screen saver display any missed calls (I currently just have a blank screen). I'm not sure if this is possible but I am sure that someone on this board would know!

My crappy old free candy bar phone did this and it keeps making fun of my new powerful BlackBerry for not having this ability and I'm afraid the new BlackBerry is starting to become self-conscious.

:smile:

Thanks.

JSanders
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I am not aware of a screensaver for BB, might be a good idea according to battery useage. The holster is intended for the idle times to put it to sleep and save the battery.

spackler
03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
My holster seems to be only good for asking me if I want to add a speed dial entry to the p key :smile:

If anyone knows of any please let me know!

Thanks.

crs
03-20-2007, 04:08 PM
PocketDay can function as your standby screen and shows ALL of your key blackberry information as well as weather, stocks and more. Check it out at PocketDay (http://www.pocketday.com)

JSanders
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Pocketday is good as an overall organizer of that info (appointments, missed calls, date/time, etc., as is BB Today. However, neither of them are "screensavers" as the poster originally inquired.

Spackler, if you are gettings dials on the "p" key while in, or placing/removing from your holster, I think you're doing something odd with your device when inserting or removing your BB to the holster. Try flipping your BB to face the opposite direction in your holster.

fizz
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
My holster seems to be only good for asking me if I want to add a speed dial entry to the p key :smile:

If anyone knows of any please let me know!

Thanks.

Chances are you are not using the holster that came with your BB and your holster does not have the sleeper function, therefore your BB is not being locked when it goes in your holster and you should do that manually before putting into your holster, perhaps by setting one of your shortcut keys IMO.

Medic48
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Chances are you are not using the holster that came with your BB and your holster does not have the sleeper function, therefore your BB is not being locked when it goes in your holster and you should do that manually before putting into your holster, perhaps by setting one of your shortcut keys IMO.
I'm willing to bet he was putting his BB face out instead of face in. I just tried it with mine and when I slid it face out, the "P" button was held.

Cheers,
--Phil

macr77
03-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Isn't it supposed to go faace out? I have the exact same problem with the P button. My phone keeps calling my friend peter when I put it in the holster. Face in seems kinda akward doesn't it?

fizz
03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
well, which case do you have? the one it came with or an aftermarket?

JSanders
03-22-2007, 10:07 PM

Isn't it supposed to go faace out? I have the exact same problem with the P button. My phone keeps calling my friend peter when I put it in the holster. Face in seems kinda akward doesn't it?

Not as awkward as calling your friend Peter so often. If it solves your "P" problem...well who cares if is awkward?
I personally place mine face in the holster, when I remove the BB off the hip, it is in my palm facing me, not facing the ground.