PDA

View Full Version : New Batch of 8800 are a Dull Shade of Blue

sean76
03-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I picked up my 8800 the first week they were released, and really liked the Blue color that it came in. Midnight blue with a real nice shine to it. Well I just brought it back today because of some software issues I was having with it, and the new one that I got from the store is a very very dull blue. I noticed it as soon as I took it out of the box, and boy is it a finger print magnet. I went back to the cingular store and they we're nice enough to let me check out two other phones from the back. No dice, all three are the same dull blue. Does anyone know if this is the new shade of blue that Rim is shipping through Cingular?

jungleland
03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
they have always been blueish

Je55
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Mines more vibrant blue though... i know what you mean by Dull blue but mines a much lighter metallic blue

RoadRider
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Have Shieldzone skins on mine and they look shiny. But, 8800 is known for not being a fingerprint magnet compared to the Pearl, just a little flatter in finish.

boedarnez
03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Post a pic!

H3LLFIRE
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Post a pic!

My colleagues and I ordered a set of four when the 8800 was released. All are identical dark sapphire blue in color. Then I returned mine last week. The new one I received from Cingular is also the exact same color. I certainly wouldn't call them shiny or much of a fingerprint magnet either.

Best thing to do is post some pics of the Blackberry in question. I'm sure others in the forum will do the same so you can compare against theirs.

justin.culp
03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I picked up my 8800 the first week they were released, and really liked the Blue color that it came in. Midnight blue with a real nice shine to it. Well I just brought it back today because of some software issues I was having with it, and the new one that I got from the store is a very very dull blue. I noticed it as soon as I took it out of the box, and boy is it a finger print magnet. I went back to the cingular store and they we're nice enough to let me check out two other phones from the back. No dice, all three are the same dull blue. Does anyone know if this is the new shade of blue that Rim is shipping through Cingular?

PROVE IT!! PIC!

BBChristopher
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Sounds interesting...post a pic...

sean76
03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok I think I got the nitty gritty on why the newer 8800's are a duller blue! This afternoon I took a ride over to another Cingular store and spoke to one of the reps. He seemed to be pretty up to speed on Blackberrys, and knew exactaly what I was talking about. What he said was, the original 8800's that we're used for the launch event, and the first couple of shipments to the stores we're all a shinny metallic blue. And that the newer ones have less shine to it, and less of a metallic gloss. He even said that he swapped his out last week because his original was just way to squeeky on the sides. And his new one was the duller blue! Anyway he also said that after a week with the new device, no squeeks and that the keyboard feels firmer. All in all i guess i'll trade the shinny blue color for a device that's put together better. We'll just have to wait and see!

SoxFan
03-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Between you and me, mine looks black.

sean76
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm tellin ya! Black would have been fine with me! Maybe they'll pull a sneak attack and drop the 8300 in black.

Sparkomatic
03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
The squeeks are getting to me but I've decided to just wait for the 8300 since I'll probably get one anyway.

takeshi
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Between you and me, mine looks black.
It's a dark blue -- like the 8700r.

kchuck
03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Mine looks black as well