PDA

View Full Version : Sold my blackberry 8703e....

kvillarino23
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
and the new owner said he still gets my emails....i thought i did a full reset....does anyone know what to do??i dont want people in my business....please if anyone can help asap i can talk to him and so he can do what is needed....he wants to re-register the blackberry so he can have it as his user name

Dubdub
03-20-2007, 09:35 PM
You need to delete/cancel your BIS account to release the IMEI and PIN so the buyer can set up his email and so yours won't go to him.

GTWCS14
03-27-2007, 02:17 AM
He will need to contact the service provider and they will be able to set him up with a new email acct.

Dubdub
03-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Service provider can't fix it. The previous owner has to cancel their BIS account to release the PIN and IMEI. Then the new owner can set up their BIS account.

Resetting the device has nothing to do with BIS email. Or BES for that matter.

dwp1975
03-27-2007, 09:06 AM
You need to delete/cancel your BIS account to release the IMEI and PIN so the buyer can set up his email and so yours won't go to him.

How do you cancel your BIS account? I returned a 8703e a few weeks ago.

Dubdub
03-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Log onto your BIS account and close it out. Delete all the email accounts, IMEI and PIN. You can also call the carrier and they may be able to do it.

geeqew
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
At the bottom of the page on this link BlackBerry - Internet Service Email Setup (http://www.discoverblackberry.com/personalize/blackberry101/internet.jsp)
there is a way to configure your BIS from your PC. I believe all you have to do is delete your email account from the list. I'm a n00b and could be wrong but try this and see if it helps.

archer6
03-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Log onto the BIS page, then remove your email, as well as your pin and imei numbers from their respective fields.

This will completely remove you from your old BB and anything related to it.

Cheers...

ryanporschen
03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Call service provider, tell them to pass you to RIM internet service accounts, they can delete the PIN from any existing account. Had them do this on friday for me.

Had a phone demo'd by a customer, then we sold it at a discount, the PIN was associated with is BIS. RIM fixed it in 10 minutes, then even gave me the IEMI and PIN so i can create the customers BIS for them. Worked like a charm.

LunkHead
03-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Log onto your BIS account and close it out. Delete all the email accounts, IMEI and PIN. You can also call the carrier and they may be able to do it.
Yup! :)

archer6
03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Call service provider, tell them to pass you to RIM internet service accounts, they can delete the PIN from any existing account. Had them do this on friday for me.

Had a phone demo'd by a customer, then we sold it at a discount, the PIN was associated with is BIS. RIM fixed it in 10 minutes, then even gave me the IEMI and PIN so i can create the customers BIS for them. Worked like a charm.

Great Information..... Thanks!

Cheers....:smile: