PDA

View Full Version : Only getting some of my messages

toemaytoe
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi all, I'm a new blackberry owner (bought on this very forum!) and I have set up my unlocked 8700g with rogers. I have a few email accounts and it's pretty strange but I get some messages but not others. I'm using the enterprise server, no access to one and I'm not doing the redirector thing. Both of my email accounts are registered properly and like I said, getting messages, just not all of them. I've done the send book or whatever it's called, (newbie remember:smile: ) but I am still getting some messages but not others. I would sure like to know if there is something I've missed in my set up or if there is a class of messages that simply don't arrive, that sort of thing. I've already confirmed that there are no filters set for any of my email addresses. Help would be much appreciated!

richmondjim
03-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I know even less about blackberries than you do... I don't even know what model I'm trying to support (I'm just the IT guy... I've never even held the device.) What I found is that the user that was not getting all of her messages had her Outlook Email client running 24/7 and it was set to check messages every 5 minutes. It was NOT set to "leave messages on server" so when the blackberry.com verizon interface polled this users IMAP mailbox about every 10 minutes, only the messages that Outlook had not retrieved in its 5 minute rounds were left to be sent to the Blackberry. IF you think this might apply to your situation, edit your email client so that it leaves messages on the server for 1 day.

toemaytoe
03-20-2007, 11:22 PM
(y) Son of a B***h! That might just be it. I've reset all my email accounts to be removed from the server when deleted from Deleted Items. This is a setting in Outlook 2003. I'll give it a shot over the next day and see what happens. I can't tell you how happy I'll be if this is it. I'm due to head out of town for a business trip on Friday and I am pretty concerned about leaving without confidence that I will get all my messages.

toemaytoe
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Well richmondjim, you hit it out of the park first time up to bat. As soon as I changed the retention time on the mail server my problem vanished. I decided after all to do a one day retention as opposed to my earlier post and now I am getting it all. Thanks again.Two thumbs up. (y) (y)