PDA

View Full Version : 8703e vibrate

rreale
03-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Currently my profile is set to vibrate for phone calls and messages while in the holster. Is there any way I can have a different vibrate pattern for a phone call ? I wish to do this because messages I can review laters, phone calls I like to know about right away.

brucejr
03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Not that I am aware of. As far as I know the choices are ring, vibrate, vibrate ring, and silent.

rreale
03-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess what I am looking for is a "vibrate tone". Do they make them. They sure make a lot of ringtones.

brucejr
03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
rreale I did a search and couldn't come up with any sites offering different vibrate styles. I would suggest contacting one of the ringtone sites (like mobile41.com) and see if they can make one. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

chumpchange
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
If you only care to be notified when a phone call is incoming, why not use the Phone Only profile? You can review messages at your leisure, but will still know when a phone call comes in.

jrusch
03-23-2007, 06:44 AM
My 8703e vibrates only twice when I get a message, so if it vibrates more than that I know I'm getting a phone call.

JSanders
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Jrusch, that is how mine is set, if I get a third vibrate, I know its a call and I grab it. Rreale could also set his messages NOT to vibrate at all as stated earlier. I, too, am not aware of any different vibration patterns.

Dodge DeBoulet
03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I think the issue is that there are times when someone would like to know if email is received, but not necessarily "whip it out" to read it immediately. Phone calls do require immediate attention, though, and being able to tell the difference between a call and an email without necessarily disturbing others would be a good feature.

I have my BB set to Vibe/Ring for calls and Vibe only for email for just that reason. I occasionally miss calls because the vibrate lasts only as long for emails as it does for phone calls, and I sometimes don't hear the ring (when I'm driving my truck with the stereo cranked, for example . . . which is often when I'm on that two hour drive between home and Boston Logan Airport). I assume I'm only getting an email when in fact a call is coming in.