PDA

View Full Version : 7100i os upgrade for telus and wav files help

Chaoscollins
03-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey guys I just picked up my new 7100i telus blackberry today. I want to get some wav ringtones on it. I have done some reasearch on the boards and I see that you need to download the new os 4.2 or something like that. My question is when I go to the blackberry site and the link they have posted it is for Nextel. I am on telus so I want to know if there is one for telus. I am afraid if I download the nextel one it will mess up some of the sevice settings on my phone. Anyone from Canada have wav tones on there 7100i? And where did you download the os from? Also when your on the blackberry site there is a list of programs to download. Which one is the proper one?

Chaoscollins
03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
v4.2 SP1 <= this is the software I find when I go to canada blackberry.com Is this the proper software to download and will it allow me to then play wav tones on my phone?

finch
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Version 4.2 of the OS is only available for the 8100 and 8800 at the moment? Are you referring to the desktop manager which 4.2 is available?

Chaoscollins
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
What I need I guess is a step by step way to upgrade a Telus 7100i so you can use wav ringtones. I have been searching the net for a few hours now and still no luck. All the findings have been for the nextel phone. Also I am still not sure what os download to use. I was on the blackberry site and there is a list but don't see the one everyone is talking about.

danp
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
What I need I guess is a step by step way to upgrade a Telus 7100i so you can use wav ringtones. I have been searching the net for a few hours now and still no luck. All the findings have been for the nextel phone. Also I am still not sure what os download to use. I was on the blackberry site and there is a list but don't see the one everyone is talking about.

Go here. got the link directly from Telus Mobility.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0

Follow the instructions.

I did it yesterday, piece of cake... now I have wav ringtones. :)