PDA

View Full Version : 7290 problems

mizzle
03-22-2007, 03:31 AM
hey everybody,
i have an issue w/ my moms 7290....she is able to place and receive calls but she cannot hear them nor can they hear her. it's clear on her end but the other person hears a static like noise and nothing else....any one have any solutions to this issue???????? any help would be great!

Medic48
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
hey everybody,
i have an issue w/ my moms 7290....she is able to place and receive calls but she cannot hear them nor can they hear her. it's clear on her end but the other person hears a static like noise and nothing else....any one have any solutions to this issue???????? any help would be great!
How long have you had the blackberry?
What type of service are you in (GSM/GPRS/EDGE)?
How many bars of service are available?
Is this a general or specific to one wireless provider issue?
Have you tried rebooting the device?

Thanks,
--Phil

mizzle
03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
How long have you had the blackberry?

Thanks,
--Phil

she's had it for a couple years i think. We have cingular so it has gprs...the servicebars are good, no problem receiving or making calls, she just can't be heard on the other end...i've reboot it for her but it was a no go....I was thinking that maybe if I wipe it out and then reinstall the os it might help, but I don't know. What do you think?

mizzle
03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=mizzle]How long have you had the blackberry?

Thanks,
--Phil

she's had it for a couple years i think. We have cingular so it has gprs...the servicebars are good, no problem receiving or making calls, she just can't be heard on the other end...i've reboot it for her but it was a no go....I was thinking that maybe if I wipe it out and then reinstall the os it might help, but I don't know. What do you think?

mizzle
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
sorry for the double post

NJBlackBerry
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Have you popped the battery out and then in?

mizzle
03-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Have you popped the battery out and then in?
yes I have done that...in the process of wiping it out and reinstalling os. I'm thinking it could be just the radio on it, maybe,but then I don't think it would make calls or receive them either if it was

mizzle
03-22-2007, 03:05 PM
well wiping it out and reinstalling os was a no do as well...runing out of things to try.

NJBlackBerry
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Time for a new BB....

mizzle
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
it now switches between GSM and gprs by itself and says data connection refused...really thinking its the radio now.
(n)

Medic48
03-22-2007, 03:23 PM
it now switches between GSM and gprs by itself and says data connection refused...really thinking its the radio now.
(n)
Usually Data Connection Refused occurs when the Service Order Code from the provider is missing for the BlackBerry APN. However, I think your device may be malfunctioning when you look at all the problems you are experiencing and may guess that your Data Connection issue may be hardware related.

Sorry,
--Phil

CBR900RR
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Data Connection Refused means no data service, email, internet, but it shouldn't affect the voice service.

GPRS=data and voice
gprs=voice and data capable (but data connection refused, you either did not pay for the data service or you are out of range for data service)
GSM=voice only

Try and plug in a headphone, and you can narrow down to either radio problem or speaker problem.

mizzle
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Data Connection Refused means no data service, email, internet, but it shouldn't affect the voice service.

GPRS=data and voice
gprs=voice and data capable (but data connection refused, you either did not pay for the data service or you are out of range for data service)
GSM=voice only

Try and plug in a headphone, and you can narrow down to either radio problem or speaker problem.

ok, i tried 2 devices...a bluetooth headset and a regular headset...bluetooth didn't work but on the regular headset i could hear the other person but they still couldn't hear me...so i'm guessing this is a speaker problem, right? Any fixes for this?

CBR900RR
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Dunno, sounds like more than a single problem, most likely is hardware problem since you did reload the OS, and I don't think anybody on this forum know how to deal with hardware problem, my only suggestion is keep an eye on the buy and sell section, the on going price for an unlock 7290 is around $90 or less. Good luck.

mizzle
03-23-2007, 01:10 PM
ok, thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.
(y)

tsac
03-24-2007, 10:23 PM
If the headset connector gets wet and becomes corroded open, nothing works. Unless your good at miniture electronics repair, replace it.