PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using First Class as email?

robrichtx
04-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Guys -

Newbie here- be gentle. Just go my Blackberry today. We currently use First Class for email. I am trying to sync up my contacts, memos and task lists. No such luck.

Anyone done this? Also - how are you handling email without the BlackBerry Enterprise Server?

Thanks!

Rob

p.s. - yes, I searched the archives first ;)

phone_caller
04-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Wow, I can actually help someone here. We use First Class without BES too.

Here is what works for me:
1. I sync my calendar, contacts, and tasks with MS Outlook. I hear that you'll be able to do this with First Class 8.0 too.
2. Create a rule to "redirect" all First Class mail to your Blackberry address.
3. Create a rule using your BWC account to not forward mail from your Blackberry address to your handheld.
4. Whenever you send email from your handheld, do an "Add Bcc:" to your First Class address. I actually set up a contact for Blackerry Bcc to facilitate this.

By doing this, you ensure that any mail that comes through First Class gets to your Blackberry AND that you have a record in First Class of any mail you send from your Blackberry. The only caveat is that when you read your mail on your handheld, it still shows unread in First Class.

If you do not understand this, have any questions, or have developed a better way, please feel free to PIN message me at 2024855A.

Good luck and enjoy.