PDA

View Full Version : 2 Voicemail Icons

514HH
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Really odd thing happened before when I was checking my voicemail. After listening to and deleting my new messages, I hung up and usually the voicemail icon disappears, but this time, something else happened:

The regular voicemail icon disappeared, but then I got a notification (like you get for tasks, alarm, etc) that said "Network voicemail received" and this odd icon appeared on my screen. It's a voicemail icon which appears on other phone models, yet it's seperate from the voicemail icon on my 8700r.

I checked my messages again and deleted any remaining, I left a new message and cleared it. Nothing took this one away. It just seems odd that this happened completely out of the blue.

I'm not on BES, my bluetooth was not active... I don't know what it could have been.

JSanders
03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Is it a SMS message notification, some carriers give voicemail notification by SMS message. What does the new icon look like?

514HH
03-22-2007, 11:18 PM
It's not the SMS notification. This is the regular voicemail icon on other phone models - two circles with a line underneath. Mine has a dot on top if it for some reason as well. When you're on a PC, check out the pics I uploaded. It's just odd.

rcm
03-22-2007, 11:43 PM
I've seen this before on a BB Pearl and I called Tmobile to ask them and they went through some manual and couldnt find it the picture... I was able to finally delete it after I pulled the battery for the 3rd time and that was after I wiped the device as well.

I went through all of the folders on the blackberry and there were no pending or unread msg.