PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger?

Cassie
03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Is there a free download for MSN messenger on the BB8700c? I'm not having any luck finding it, but I'm not too familiar with what I should be looking for with RIM as of yet. I'm still learining. But I'd really like to have MSN messenger on my BB.

budah2025
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think there is one yet.....

Medic48
03-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Is there a free download for MSN messenger on the BB8700c? I'm not having any luck finding it, but I'm not too familiar with what I should be looking for with RIM as of yet. I'm still learining. But I'd really like to have MSN messenger on my BB.

I think you will have to look for one of those instant messaging programs that utilize a multitude of different instant messaging options.

I do not believe there is an MSN-BB as of yet.

Cheers,
--Phil

mrbadss
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
jivetalk has one.. it does support msn.. its in public beta now.

Reed

finch
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Kindly use the search feature. MiM, eMSN you get what you pay for and both are average at best...

fzfrank
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Yahoo Messenger works with MSN Messenger (now Windows Live Messenger) contacts, if that's what you're looking to achieve. I'm not sure but I assume the RIM version works with MSN contacts too.

rjw3000
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Yahoo Messenger works with MSN Messenger (now Windows Live Messenger) contacts, if that's what you're looking to achieve. I'm not sure but I assume the RIM version works with MSN contacts too.

The RIM version of Yahoo Messenger currently doesn't have the capability to view Live Messenger/MSN Messenger contacts. It's like using an older version of the desktop version of Yahoo Messenger. I'm hoping they will update it someday to include that feature.

To the original poster, I've been using the JiveTalk beta for MSN Messenger on my BB and it works well. Look in the aftermarket software section of the forums for more details on it.

li2327
03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Jivetalk works very well. Haven't had a problem with it so far. :smile:

raulberry
04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
try to go to mobile.live.com and check if that works for you

dak244
04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
try to go to mobile.live.com and check if that works for you

That way kinda sucks.. it's not a standalone app, its just through their website. Definietly get Jivetalk. They opened Beta testing back up a few weeks ago and it is a GREAT and FREE app.