PDA

View Full Version : Seidio's Rubberized hard case for BB 8800

seidioseidio
03-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Seidio plans to release the rubberized hard case and clear hard case for BB 8800 next week.

If you would like to be notified when they are released, please send an email to BB8800@<hidden>

The rubberized hard case will be like this one for BB 8800 :

NEW SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED CASE FOR 8100 - CSR2YBB8100N-BK (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=543)

Seidio

xxaarraa
03-23-2007, 07:42 AM
The 8800 is as wide as my dinner plate as it is. I would be loathe to put on a case on top of it, even if its a slim one. YMMV.

H3LLFIRE
03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
The 8800 is as wide as my dinner plate as it is. I would be loathe to put on a case on top of it, even if its a slim one. YMMV.
The rubberized case they have for the Treo line is very thin and hardly noticeable. It's not like a silicone skin that bulks up your device. Coming from a 7290 (now THAT was a dinner plate!) and the 8700, I actually find the 8800's width to be quite nice.

kasperapd
03-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm looking forward to this being released. Will Seidio offer a bundle deal with a holster?

Inphektion
03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
what's the eta on this?

That70sGAdawg
03-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm loving the thin skin blackberry brand scuba suit that Blackberryking.com sent me the next day for my 8800!!

Les Armitage
03-24-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm loving the thin skin blackberry brand scuba suit that Blackberryking.com sent me the next day for my 8800!!

Hi,

Just checked Blackberryking.com and don't see the suit your referring to for the BB 8800. Can you please point to it..

Thanks
Les

nimocone
03-24-2007, 09:01 AM
It's here: BlackBerry 8800c Form Case, BlackBerryking (http://www.blackberryking.com/blackberry-8800c-form-case.htm)
under the 8800 section and after that, under "form fit skin/case". I'm loving mine as well and fits just right.

H3LLFIRE
03-24-2007, 12:29 PM
If you really want the silicone skin you can get it for less than $10; check this out: Blackberry 8800 Accessories - OEM Black Skin Case (http://www.blackberryden.com/88skinblack.html)

I got the blackberryking silicone skin to protect my 8800 until Seidio's hard case is released. It's done the job, but I just don't like it. Collects dust like crazy, doesnt' slide into the pocket well, too sticky to slip into any case. Just a stopgap until something better comes along I guess.

btaylor1
03-24-2007, 05:47 PM
i tried to send a message but it failed... here was the message i unsuccessfully tried to email to sedio:

i'd be interested to receive notification when this case becomes available. (am also interested in a desktop charging cradle for my 8800.) if i get the rubberized hard case later, would i need to buy a new holster or would the OEM leather holster still accommodate my 8800 with the thickness added by Seidio's Rubberized hard case for BB 8800? thx

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Seidio's Rubberized hard case for BB 8800
Sent: 03/24/2007 5:44 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

bb8800@<hidden> on 03/24/2007 5:44 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
< smtp2.______.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <bb8800@<hidden>>... Relaying denied>

pdqgp
03-24-2007, 06:02 PM
What I'm looking for is a clear or black rubberized skin with a belt clip attachement.

Without a clip of any type, the rubberized skins are of no value as there's no way to carry it. I'm certainly not going to walk around with it in my pocket. They should offer some kind of clip.

The leather ones I saw on the Blackberryking.com site are nice, but they put plastic over the screen and keyboard. I had one like that for a couple years with my Treo and it was a PIA as it affects the keyboard use and gets dirty/scratched thus making the screen a little harder to read too.

Is there a perfect option yet?

kasperapd
03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
What I'm looking for is a clear or black rubberized skin with a belt clip attachement.

Without a clip of any type, the rubberized skins are of no value as there's no way to carry it. I'm certainly not going to walk around with it in my pocket. They should offer some kind of clip.

The leather ones I saw on the Blackberryking.com site are nice, but they put plastic over the screen and keyboard. I had one like that for a couple years with my Treo and it was a PIA as it affects the keyboard use and gets dirty/scratched thus making the screen a little harder to read too.

Is there a perfect option yet?

Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but Seidio will more than likely offer a holster than will work with this rubberized case. They have it for the 8100 already if you want to see what it looks like.

pdqgp
03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks! I went back and saw it on the 8700.....that's what I want....skinned and a holster to fit.

Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but Seidio will more than likely offer a holster than will work with this rubberized case. They have it for the 8100 already if you want to see what it looks like.

spikedog
03-30-2007, 03:40 AM
I still do not see the hard cases available at Seidio. Any idea when the cases will be released? I have been holding back on buying a case due to everyone's good opinion of Seidio, but I cannot wait much longer, as I do not want my BB 8800 getting scratched or banged up.

Also, will Seidio offer a vertical leather pouch that will have elastic sides to support the rubberized case? The vertical case is preferable to the horizontal case for those of us that need to constantly check their email or get phone calls.

Thanks,

Spikedog

seidioseidio
03-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I still do not see the hard cases available at Seidio. Any idea when the cases will be released? I have been holding back on buying a case due to everyone's good opinion of Seidio, but I cannot wait much longer, as I do not want my BB 8800 getting scratched or banged up.

Also, will Seidio offer a vertical leather pouch that will have elastic sides to support the rubberized case? The vertical case is preferable to the horizontal case for those of us that need to constantly check their email or get phone calls.

Thanks,

Spikedog

There is a delay, we plan to release them before next Friday (4/6).

we are also working on the leather case.

Seidio

spikedog
03-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the update. I will keep my eyes peeled.

H3LLFIRE
03-30-2007, 01:38 PM
The Seidio case couldn't come any sooner in my opinion. I've resorted to keeping the black silicone skin on mine and shoving it into the OEM leather holster. I've tried going without any protective cover but I just find the darn thing too slippery and difficult to grasp. Maybe I'm just clumsy.

seidioseidio
03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
The Seidio case couldn't come any sooner in my opinion. I've resorted to keeping the black silicone skin on mine and shoving it into the OEM leather holster. I've tried going without any protective cover but I just find the darn thing too slippery and difficult to grasp. Maybe I'm just clumsy.

To protect your BB8800, Seidio will release the following late next week

Black premium skin for BB8800
Rubberized hard case for BB8800
Matching holster for skin and rubberized acse for BB8800

Seidio

kasperapd
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Looking forward to it. Ready to get rid of this OEM holster.

spikedog
03-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Will the new holster be a leather horizontal case, a vertical leather case, or is it a open front holster? I am really hoping for a good vertical leather holster with a magnetic flap similar to the oem case but with more coverage of the top corners. Also, not that my input matters but a click swivel clip is essential to business users.