PDA

View Full Version : My BB switches off alone

forpascal
03-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Hello everyone,

From time to time, my BB switches off the phone signal: I still have the screen and everything but I cannot place or receive calls.

Does anyone knows why and what should I do?

It is sometimes annoying to miss calls while you are available.

Thanks.

Pascal

JSanders
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You don't say whether or not service is actually available at the time, or are you in a low-signal area for your carrier? Does the actual "Turn Wireless Off/On" icon on your screen show a slash through it?

forpascal
03-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You don't say whether or not service is actually available at the time, or are you in a low-signal area for your carrier? Does the actual "Turn Wireless Off/On" icon on your screen show a slash through it?
Hi,
No, I am in a complete and strong coverage area. I am not losing network. My BB decides alone to turn off reception of the signal, as if I were taking the plane.
Pascal

davetruong
03-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I have had the same problem. I think in my case, it was because of low service area. Even if it was, I'd like to still be connected when I'm out of the low service area. If it turns off automatically, it should turn on automatically as well.

takeshi
03-24-2007, 09:40 PM
What does your signal indicator show when this happens?

Saudidancer
03-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I am having the same problem. I am in a strong signal area and all of the sudden the wireless part of the phone turns off. I have only noticed this happening when I am using my BT head set. Of course if the BB was on my hip and i did not have a headset I would not know that it has gone off. I have not noticed it without the BT head set. Any suggestions.

schulzmc
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Weird - this started happening to me in the last week. Strong service area, no Bluetooth use... I look at my phone and realize the wireless has been off for a while.

anyone else experiencing this? I'm on T-Mobile