PDA

View Full Version : voicemail icon won't disappear

jb12272
03-23-2007, 10:40 AM
For some reason I can not get my voicemail icon to disappear on my 8700c. If I have more than 1 message it will show 2, 3 however many there are however when I listen and erase the icon does not go away. I installed OS 4.1.0.377 hoping it was a bug in a prior OS and this would fix it but it hasnít. I have also tried a soft reboot (removing the battery) but that doesnít do anything either.

Any suggestions?

TimJC
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I have a user with a Cingular 7130 with the same problem. The problem, as I understand, was because he checked his voicemail using his BB while in another country and off the Cingular/AT&T network. The mailbox is actually empty, but the icon will not disappear. We tried several things and none have worked to remove the icon.

First thing i tried was wiping the handheld. That did nothing.

Next, I swapped his SIM from to 8800 and vice versa. When his chip was in my 8800 there was no voicemail icon. When my SIM was in his 7130 there was no voicemail icon. When I put his SIM back into his 7130 the voicemail icon reappeared, but the number counter was gone.

Then, I contacted Cingular to have the voicemail reset, removed, recreated, etc. This 40 minute call ended with the creation of a ticket to recreate the mailbox, which didn't solve anything either.

The final thing we tried was to switch themes and that didn't help either.

I'm not sure what to try next. It almost seems that the problem is linked to the SIM and possibly the device (IMEI) together. Anyone have idea on how to solve this or clarify the problem if I have mis diagnosed it?

juwaack68
05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
For some reason I can not get my voicemail icon to disappear on my 8700c. If I have more than 1 message it will show 2, 3 however many there are however when I listen and erase the icon does not go away. I installed OS 4.1.0.377 hoping it was a bug in a prior OS and this would fix it but it hasnít. I have also tried a soft reboot (removing the battery) but that doesnít do anything either.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible you have a deleted voicemail message that is in your 'trash'? I recently switched to Cingular and yesterday when I called to check voicemail and heard a recording that I now had the option to 'undelete' voicemail messages I had previously deleted (just what I need, yet another trash to empty).

Not sure if it's what's going on, just a shot in the dark.

JSanders
05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
ALSO, first, try this: call your voicemail, leave yourself a message. Wait a bit, Call your voicemail, listen to message, Delete it. See what if your BB clears the alert. You may still need to pull the battery to reboot.

FroogleThis
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Not sure if this even applies, but I know when I was setting up my voicemail, there was an option to Turn Notification On/Off. Could it be possible that somewhere in the mix of AT&T->Cingular->The New AT&T they upgraded/downgraded the Voicemail system? Maybe, just as one more check-off on the list of things that DIDN'T work, call and turn it off. Then reboot and call again and turn notification ON.

Dubdub
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Pull the battery for about 30 seconds. That tends to fix many ills.

takeshi
05-12-2007, 02:29 AM
ALSO, first, try this: call your voicemail, leave yourself a message. Wait a bit, Call your voicemail, listen to message, Delete it.
This usually resolves it for me. It's never been a BB issue in the past for me but a VM issue (though YMMV).