PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry on Sprint- Help!

jhkaplan
03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I currently have a Moto Q on Sprint and I hate it. I had a 8700c on Cingular and loved it, so I'm looking to make the switch to the 8703e on Sprint.

Here's my issue. I am currently paying $30/mo for 500 minutes and unlimited data/internet through the Sprint SERO plan. Can I use this for the Blackberry? My company has a BES, but I dont think I'll be using it. Right now on the Q, I can get my email through our Exchange server. Will I need to pay the $40/mo for the Blackberry Service from sprint, or is there a way around that using my SERO unlimited data? I don't need 100% push email. If I could get emails going into my inbox non-pushed, it'd be okay.

I guess my basic question is- do I need to pay the extra $40/mo to get email and web on the BB, or can I get by with my current unlimited data plan?

Thanks,

Josh

finch
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan specifically to do anything data related on a BlackBerry, no there's no work around to this. The data plan on you Q will do nothing for you on a BlackBerry.

jhkaplan
03-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan specifically to do anything data related on a BlackBerry, no there's no work around to this. The data plan on you Q will do nothing for you on a BlackBerry.

Dammit, okay. Thanks for your help. I guess that means no BB for me :( I hate WM Phones now, and the Treo 700p isn't an option. I guess I'm stuck.

ericshmerick
03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Dammit, okay. Thanks for your help. I guess that means no BB for me :( I hate WM Phones now, and the Treo 700p isn't an option. I guess I'm stuck.
Why can't you just pay the $39? I admit, it was hard to give up my $10 (grandfathered) power vision plan, but it is nice having a device that just simply works no matter what (which my Q did NOT work 100%).

The added cost is a tough pill to swallow, but well worth the price if admission.

takeshi
03-24-2007, 09:42 PM
That's my take as well but I guess YMMV...