PDA

View Full Version : BES & Personal Boxes

Shifty
03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I have BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) set up for my corporate mailbox with wireless reconciliation. Additionally I added 2 personal boxes via the directions. All seemed to go well.

I now have 3 Mail Icons after a re-boot.

Box 1- Messages - Seems to be where all 3 e-mails come to. Even thouh I will get new message indicators on the other 2. (A charter account and a gmail account)

2nd Mail Icon - Charter
3rd Mail Icon - gMail

Should I assume I use the other personal boxes to compose?

I did also set up message Coloring to detect which box.

bbforlife
03-23-2007, 10:53 PM
The reason why you have an icon for each mail service is because you have service books on the handheld from each service.

Besides having core applications, services books generally control whether or not if you have an icon present on the screen.

Anyways.. the Messages icon is the central point for any mail service. The other icons are basically filters for those services. If you open one of them up you'll notice only mail incoming from that account will be present. In Mail, you'll see messages of any kind (PIN, Email, SMS, Phone calls if enabled, etc).

That70sGAdawg
03-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Be careful if you have enabled contacts wireless sync on your Corporate (BES) account. After the service books for the BIS (personal accounts) are sent- the wireless sync might not work again until the service books from the corporate BES are sent again...

takeshi
03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
You can compose in Messages as well as in the specific boxes. If the account you intended to use isn't selected properly by default you can scroll into the header and change the account you're using. The BB will also remember the last account you used to email a recipient and will default to that account.

Shifty
03-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I did lose my corporate wireless sinc until I "rebooted" the BB. All seems fine.

As far as composing - I assume the "Desktop" is my corporate and the other 2 boxes (or filters it sounds) are labelled. I cetainly need to be carefull which I use to reply from.

Good stuff. I know why they call these things "crackberry" now. haven't put the sucker down for long.

btaylor1
03-24-2007, 05:51 PM
this was a great and helpful post. i have the identical situation and the question and replies cleared up my thinking very helpfully. thx to all

aero249
03-24-2007, 06:22 PM
ok .... different question that falls under that same title .... and not trying to hijack the post ...... (looks like orig ?? was answered)

do emails to and from the personal mailboxes go across the BES server ? I know they don't if not on BES (duh !), but how about if set up with BES ?

Issue goes to using corporate resources for personal emails and corporate IT policy issues

btaylor1
03-24-2007, 06:27 PM
i used cingular blackberry web email service to set up my two added personal email accounts. if you did something similar, i "think" the answer is "no," your personal mail will come and go using the free blackberry web email service, without consuming your firm's or company's resources.

takeshi
03-24-2007, 09:29 PM
do emails to and from the personal mailboxes go across the BES server ? I know they don't if not on BES (duh !), but how about if set up with BES ?

Issue goes to using corporate resources for personal emails and corporate IT policy issues
No but still don't think of anything on a corporate BES-connected BB as private. PIN's aren't delivered via BES but they can be pulled, for example.