PDA

View Full Version : 7230 v3.7.1.41 password problem

HdRdKng
09-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I have a 7230 and recently installed v3.7.1.41. I entered a password when installing; it defaulted to 10 minutes and now I can't disable the password or change the timeout. On the security screen, there isn't a change option and using the space bar doesn't work.

At the bottom of the Security screen it shows: IT Policy Name: Default; Last Updated Dec 29, 2003; 11:42 AM.

I'm using BWC instead of BES

Mark Rejhon
09-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Idea -- Did you try reinstalling the the BlackBerry handheld OS again -- and this time, skipping the password?

Failing all this, if you want to start over again, enter the password wrong 10 times and it will automatically delete the data on your handheld and erase the password too (Make sure you already have it all backed up in Microsoft Outlook though!)

HdRdKng
09-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I did try re-installing, but it just zipped through without doing an install; I guess because that version was already on the handheld.

If I max the passwords, will anything else be deleted? Will I still be able to use the phone and just resync?

dshearon
10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
when you are reinstalling, on the last screen where it tells you there is nothing to install click the advanced button, tell it not to automaticall backup the applications and to clear any installed ones. see if that works.