PDA

View Full Version : Just switched from Treo 700p --> 8700c

petesamprs
03-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I previously was carrying both a treo 700p and 8700c (work-provided) for email. Yesterday I ported my phone # over to the 8700c, but need some help with getting my treo contacts (nothing else) over.

The 8700c syncs wirelessly to the BES at my office, and we are a Lotus Notes based organization. I've been syncing my 700p to my pc at home.

Given my situation above, what's the cleanest way for me to get my Treo contacts on my home pc into my Lotus Notes address book on my work pc, so that it will wirelessly sync right onto my blackberry. Or, alternatively, maybe there's a way to get it right onto my blackberry and then it will sync with my pc at work to update it.

P.S> Other threads on this topic have involved syncing with MS outlook, which I don't use.

thanks.

Dubdub
03-24-2007, 07:40 AM
It depends on if your company will allow you to sync to a personal computer.

I think on DM 4.2 there is an import from Treo function or something similar. Maybe someone can shed some light onto that.

You could also do a search on here and see what you find, as I know this issue has been covered several times over.

JSanders
03-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Like Dubdub said, check with your company first for what they will allow, but the new DM has the Switch Device wizard which works great transferring from one device to another.

kitmoni
03-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Like Dubdub said, check with your company first for what they will allow, but the new DM has the Switch Device wizard which works great transferring from one device to another.
Even the old DM has an option for importing from Palm. Go into the Intellisync area and you'll find what you want. The specific buttons may be different from 4.1 to 4.2, but that's where you'll find it.

petesamprs
03-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys for the responses. What are my alternatives if syncing to a pc (wired) is not a possibility? Is there a palm desktop --> Lotus Notes conversion software?

ddummitt
03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Have you tried exporting from Palm desktop (file menu) and importing into lotus notes?

petesamprs
03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok I did it pretty easily based on what you guys suggested. I synced my treo on my home pc with outlook instead of palm desktop software. Then I saved off my contacts in a .pst file and sent the file to my IT guys, who loaded it up into outlook and wire-synced my blackberry to it (it added to my existing contacts already on my blackberry).

Then my blackberry wirelessly synced with Notes and all my contacts are now on both.

flash24
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
welcome to bbf!