PDA

View Full Version : Calling using letters

quayman
03-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Anyone have any ideas to do this. The letters on the keypad do not match a regular phones.

drgoodtymes
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
When you are in the dial screen, hold down the ALT key and it will switch from numbers to letters. When you hit the send key, it will covert them to the correct numbers

cliffr39
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
and while you are in a call? sometimes it will ask you for the first three letters of your last name, or that of the person you are calling for their extension. How do you "type" those then, same way? Not on the phone so can't try it right now.

Thanks!

I do notice though that it only let's me type the left letter not the right letter on each key. I've tried holding it down longer to see if it will switch or pressing quickly but it just repeats the same left letter.

Dodge DeBoulet
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
and while you are in a call? sometimes it will ask you for the first three letters of your last name, or that of the person you are calling for their extension. How do you "type" those then, same way? Not on the phone so can't try it right now.

Thanks!

I do notice though that it only let's me type the left letter not the right letter on each key. I've tried holding it down longer to see if it will switch or pressing quickly but it just repeats the same left letter.

Since you're not using an 8700 series phone, you'd probably be better off asking in an appropriate forum. On the 8700's QWERTY keyboard, you simply hold down the ALT key and press the letter while in the phone application. How it's done on your specific model is most likely different.

cliffr39
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Since you're not using an 8700 series phone, you'd probably be better off asking in an appropriate forum. On the 8700's QWERTY keyboard, you simply hold down the ALT key and press the letter while in the phone application. How it's done on your specific model is most likely different.

oops sorry I didn't realize it, I just found the thread from "New Posts".