PDA

View Full Version : Won't Boot

MattCatt
03-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I have just received a BlackBerry 7130e. It does not boot up. The only reaction I have gotten so far is when I plugged it into my computer using a usb cable. When I did this, the screen flashed white, dimmed, then turned off. The computer recognizes it, but it doesn't stay on long enough to do anything with it, including the JL_Cmder app I found in LunkHead's signature.

JSanders
03-27-2007, 07:59 AM
MattCatt, after the computer recognizes it and it "doesn't stay on long enough" do you mean the battery goes dead, or what? If it needs charging, charge it so it will stay on long enough.

Since you didn't say, I am guessing your 7130e was bought used, not new? If new, head back over to your retailer...

MattCatt
03-27-2007, 05:22 PM
The battery goes dead, I believe. I left it plugged in overnight and it still does the same thing. It is not new, it is quite used.

MattCatt
03-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Should I be able to plug it in and use it without the battery?

charles595
03-31-2007, 10:11 AM
no you can't use it without the battery

MattCatt
04-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Am I going to have to buy a new battery? Or a new phone?

theBorg
04-13-2007, 10:59 PM
You probably need to get a new battery.

Some things to check. When plugged into charger, does the battery icon indicate it's charging? (probably a lightning bolt across the battery icon) If not, I'd guess some hardware is hosed. Could be charger, could be the power outlet, could be something internal.

While you're plugged in to the charger, go to settings-options-status. You should see a battery % line telling you how much the battery is charged up. If the battery is old, it won't be able to reach 100%. Try a power cycle and check again.

Good luck.

MattCatt
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
You probably need to get a new battery.

Some things to check. When plugged into charger, does the battery icon indicate it's charging? (probably a lightning bolt across the battery icon) If not, I'd guess some hardware is hosed. Could be charger, could be the power outlet, could be something internal.

While you're plugged in to the charger, go to settings-options-status. You should see a battery % line telling you how much the battery is charged up. If the battery is old, it won't be able to reach 100%. Try a power cycle and check again.

Good luck.

All that happens is the screen turns blank white, then dims, then goes off and repeats the cycle. I get no battery icons or anything. I have tried both a wall charger and data cable charging, both with the same results.