PDA

View Full Version : Can a blackberry sync email messages with Outlook (NO BSE)?

egar
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Is it possible to sync email messages with Outlook using the blackberry desktop manager? It's a pain to have to bcc sent messages to myself if I want them to show up in Outlook.
I don't have blackberry enterprise server, unfortunately. Any ideas?

MajSingh
03-27-2007, 11:20 AM
I have never seen/heard of it done without a BES server....I haven't used outlook in years because of this...instead I use online webmail services (yahoo...gmail...etc...) w/out Outlook collecting my emails.

egar
03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I just want to sync while connected to desktop manager.

archer6
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Is it possible to sync email messages with Outlook using the blackberry desktop manager?

Yes!

Here's a very simple elegant solution. It's the one I use.

I have the BIS personal BlackBerry Internet Service through Cingular for only $29.99 per month. I use Outlook 2003 which has years of my buiness and personal info. I also rely heavily on my Outlook calendar as my schedule is very dymanic and changes frequently.

So when I want to sync I simply connect my BB to my laptop with a USB cable, launch Outlook, and the desktop manager, then click Synchronize on the Desktop mgr and in less than 10 seconds my 3,200 contacts, tasks, and calendar are perfectly sync'd with my BB & Laptop.

When I'm away from my laptop any changes or additions that I make to my schedule, contacts or tasks stay on the BB until the next sync.

Conversely when I'm meeting with clients and working on the Laptop, after I finish I simply connect my BB and do a quick sync and both devices are current. This is the first time I have ever had such a reliable and fast way to sync between Outlook and a handheld device. Years ago when using a PDA that same sync took between 10-15 minutes and that was with only 1,200 contacts..

Hope this helps.... Cheers......8-)

egar
03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I can sync my calendar and contacts just fine. I want to sync email messages. For example when I send a message on my blackberry it's not reflected in Outlook. I currently let in bcc me, but this screws up the message flow (as the messages appear to be to me).

Dubdub
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
The only way to sync email is via BES or with one of the hosted BES services.

egar
03-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Not even through Desktop Manager?

penguin3107
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Not even through Desktop Manager?

Nope.
E-Mail doesn't sync on any Blackberry... ever.
If you want two-way reconciliation, you need BES.