PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions? 8703e Resetting

bcichon
03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello All,

I have an 8703e from Verizon and within the last week or so, the Blackberry keeps restarting. The phone will be on and then randomly it will just shut down and try to re-start. The hour glass will spin and the only way I can correct this is to pull the battery and then it will re-boot as normal.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? What is the reasoning for this?

Thanks!

LunkHead
03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Have you recently installed any new applications????

brucejr
03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
LH you think backup, Jl_cmdr and reload OS??

LunkHead
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
LH you think backup, Jl_cmdr and reload OS??
Not yet.... If it's a recent application that was installed then removing it would be the solution.... If not a wipe from device might solve it if the OP has a bad application causing it... If the wipe from the device does not solve it then yup, good ol Jl_Cmder to the rescue! :)

bcichon
03-29-2007, 06:26 PM
The Only program I have loaded lately is JiveTalk.

Could that be the resulting cause? My uncle has the same blackberry and he loaded JiveTalk as well and has never had his just reset.

Thanks!

bcichon
04-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I found a better solution. I called Verizon tech support and talked my way into a new phone. I was sick of it resetting... Don't go to the Verizon store and try and get a replacement, they will find any excuse not to help you out.

pronerd
04-11-2007, 12:28 AM
There seem to be a lot of reports of this today. This is the third thread I have seen on this.

jhkaplan
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone come up with a solution to this? I just got my 8703e from Sprint yesterday, and it just did this reset issue on it's own. I'm afraid that it will keep doing it.