PDA

View Full Version : 8800 GPS Software

aparcon
03-29-2007, 12:20 AM
I recently bought my 8800 in Cingular and enrolled in the Telenav Navigation Software program. With this program I am able to punch in destinations for the software to navigate my way there, but I not able to view a refreshing screen of my location unless I punch in a destination. I can not even make a waypoint on the software and view the trail I took. I am really interested because if I go hiking in the mountains or such I am able to see excactly where I went and my current location.
Is there any software where I can see the trail I took and a constantly refreshing screen of my current location along with the speed/direction?
Thanks

joespys
03-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I recently bought my 8800 in Cingular and enrolled in the Telenav Navigation Software program. With this program I am able to punch in destinations for the software to navigate my way there, but I not able to view a refreshing screen of my location unless I punch in a destination. I can not even make a waypoint on the software and view the trail I took. I am really interested because if I go hiking in the mountains or such I am able to see excactly where I went and my current location.
Is there any software where I can see the trail I took and a constantly refreshing screen of my current location along with the speed/direction?
Thanks

I have Telenav have you used the Compass feature thats available? Or do you mean like a map to track your position?

aparcon
03-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Yes, I know about the compass feature, but it doesn't show me a map along with it. I'm looking for software that is similar to a handheld gps device, where you can track your current position, and set easy waypoints, where you can find later by compass.

joespys
03-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes, I know about the compass feature, but it doesn't show me a map along with it. I'm looking for software that is similar to a handheld gps device, where you can track your current position, and set easy waypoints, where you can find later by compass.

Oh sorry about that - I figured thats what you mean. Well good luck (y) let me know what you find out!

mjohnson
03-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Spot for Blackberry 8800 (http://www.skylab-mobilesystems.com/en/products/spot_8800.html)

I haven't personally tried it out, but I've seen a few positive reviews on it. The demo has a 5-minute time limited restriction, but it's subscription free. If you try it out, let me know what you think! :)

Stinsonddog
03-29-2007, 08:57 AM
See my GPS tips page. Link in sig

funkym
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Spot for Blackberry 8800 (http://www.skylab-mobilesystems.com/en/products/spot_8800.html)

I haven't personally tried it out, but I've seen a few positive reviews on it. The demo has a 5-minute time limited restriction, but it's subscription free. If you try it out, let me know what you think! :)

I am using it since the first beta version for the BlackBerry 7520. Meanwhile I changed my device (got a Pearl now) and even got updates since then as well as another version as the Pearl needs a Bluetooth GPS. I know there are some people who are missing some features and stuff, but for me, marking waypoints, map navigation and tracklog visualization are enough at the moment. 8-)