PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Multiple addressbooks

zentech1
03-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Is it possible to sync an addressbook in addition to the user's personal address book? I know we can do lookups from the server's addressbook, that works fine, but we also have an additional addressbook, that some users have access too, and would like to synchronize this to the BB devices. We use to have Commontime for Mobile windows devices, and we could add several addressbooks to sync down to the device from the Lotus server. Can the BES do this as well?

Also, is there a limit to how many contacts can be in the addressbook on the BB?

We are using Lotus Notes 7.0.2
BES 4.1

Thanks

takeshi
03-30-2007, 12:25 AM
I know with Exchange you can sync a secondary folder but you lose wireless sync when you add a secondary folder. It's under Intellisync in Desktop Manager.

zentech1
03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I know with Exchange you can sync a secondary folder but you lose wireless sync when you add a secondary folder. It's under Intellisync in Desktop Manager.

I will look into this, not sure if Lotus is similar. We haven't installed the desktop manager for any users, but I would consider it for this. When you mention that you lose wireless sync, did you mean just for the secondary addressbook?

Thanks

takeshi
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
You'll lose wireless sync for all address books. You can leave wireless sync enabled for any apps that don't have secondary folders set up in Intellisync.