PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install from Desktop

ahovis
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Just got my new 8800 can while OTA files install fine I can't get anything but an "no software designed for this device" error when I connect from the desktop (XP) and use the add function. I know what I am trying should work. Anyway my corporate ES is messing in my life again (on BES) or is there some other problem? Sync and media manager work fine. OTA application show up as installed as well.

donc36
03-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Just got my new 8800 can while OTA files install fine I can't get anything but an "no software designed for this device" error when I connect from the desktop (XP) and use the add function. I know what I am trying should work. Anyway my corporate ES is messing in my life again (on BES) or is there some other problem? Sync and media manager work fine. OTA application show up as installed as well.

I had the exact issue using the desktop manager installed from the CD that came with the device. I upgraded the desktop manager to the latest 4.2 build directly from the blackberry site, and the issue was resolved.

Don