PDA

View Full Version : Rubber case and magnets

Dawgfan
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
I knew my 7250 had a magnet on the case or whatever that would help with battery life but I did not know my 8800 did as well.

I am in the process of putting the rubber Blackberry case (hopefully stealth mode) on my 8800 as well as an invisible shield screen protector and was wondering if I will lose any battery life due to not utilizing the magnet. If so, would just locking the phone be the equivalent as I do this most of the time anyways?

Thanks.

JSanders
04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

No, locking the phone via keyboard lock is not the same as the magnet putting the BB to "sleep" mode. The sleep mode will preserve battery life.

takeshi
04-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I knew my 7250 had a magnet on the case or whatever that would help with battery life but I did not know my 8800 did as well.

Every model does...

mgerbasio
04-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Press and hold the mute key for a second or two and it puts the bb in sleep mode same as the magnet. Press again to wake it up. Nice thing is it also locks the keyboard so it isn't dialing the phone while bouncing around in your pocket. The rubber skin gives it enough friction so it stays put in my top pocket.

Regards-Michael G.

Dawgfan
04-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Press and hold the mute key for a second or two and it puts the bb in sleep mode same as the magnet. Press again to wake it up. Nice thing is it also locks the keyboard so it isn't dialing the phone while bouncing around in your pocket. The rubber skin gives it enough friction so it stays put in my top pocket.

Regards-Michael G.
Thank you. Will you receive calls and emails in this sleep/standby mode?

JSanders
04-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Thank you. Will you receive calls and emails in this sleep/standby mode?

Yes. Try it and see if it works for you.

Dawgfan
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes. Try it and see if it works for you.
Thanks. I finally tracked down another phone (I am off today and we have cut the landline cord) and calls and emails came through.

On a side note (I just found it) I would like to thank RIM for the "notifier ninja" tone. That is friggin hilarious. Love it.