PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Gmail messages on BB and Outlook

inatup
04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I have the 7105t and use it to receive email on multiple accounts - one corporate (BES), one Gmail and another POP account. My Outlook is also configured to receive mail from all three accounts - corporate exchange server, Gmail and POP. The only thing that is annoying me is that with my Gmail account, I receive all messages twice on my BB - once when the BB receives it directly (instant) and the second time when Outlook downloads it into my mailbox. I have no other issues with my Outlook or BB so I can live with it if I need to but was just wondering if there was a fix out there for this problem. TIA.

Andi
04-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Sticky Note at the top of this forum...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html

inatup
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks. The sticky note relates to Gmail sent messages. I have already used that tip. My questions pertains to RECEIVED messages.

JSanders
04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
That is because you have your Outlook account setup via BES, therefore it will reconcile your gmail in Outlook back to your blackberry, it sounds like. Do you think that could be?

inatup
04-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I think that is right. Exchange server is reconciling my Outlook mailbox to my blackberry so any messages I receive in Outlook are also pushed to BB, even if BB has already received it directly from Gmail.

JSanders
04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Then, would it would make sense to cancel the gmail direct to BB?