PDA

View Full Version : Address Book acting Strange

eurovan
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
User has an 8700, synched to BES (Groupwise) with additional AOL accounts. Address book is synched up to folder on Groupwise as well.

This is the weird part.. Whenever the user's administrative assistant writes them an email, they show up as the last person added to the Blackberry address book.

I'll make up some names. Let's say Ed is the user, and Lisa is Ed's administrative assistant. Lisa has full proxy rights to Ed's Groupwise calendar. Ed adds Timothy to his Blackberry address book. Now whenever Lisa writes Ed and email, her email shows up being from Timothy on the Blackberry. But not on Groupwise.

And it appears to be a local thing on the Blackberry. If I go in and delete Timothy's address book entry, all the read emails from Lisa will instantly correct themselves and show from Lisa. However, if I add a new person (let's call them Stu), all of Lisa's emails will now show from Stu. Instantly - it doesn't have to resynch to BES. Then all new emails from Lisa will show as being from Stu.

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what would cause this?

Thanks!

Andi
04-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I have seen something similar but not with a third party. I had a user who every email he sent showed as coming from someone other than him but only on his blackberry - no one else saw this, just him. He had a Palm pilot and had entered info about subscriptions to online news groups etc... in a custom field on the palm that Outlook then mapped to another field then the BB had that info show up in the PIN field... Took a while to trace that one back!

Good luck -- look for some crossed address freak thing...