PDA

View Full Version : Problems at syncronizing Calender with Outlook

markussatzger
04-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with my BB. If i take something into my BB Calendar i dont get it on the Outlook, but if i take it in Outlook i became it on my BB.

Can someone help me please??

Greetz Markus

montevideo
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with my BB. If i take something into my BB Calendar i dont get it on the Outlook, but if i take it in Outlook i became it on my BB.

Can someone help me please??

Greetz Markus

What are your Intelisync options set to do? The behavior you describe indicates you may have them set to have Outlook overwrite the handheld every time. Sounds like the behavior you seek is to sync Outlook and your handheld (blackberry) - be sure that the action configured in intellisync.

/m

JSanders
04-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Ditto Monte, and you might set your Intellisync to alert you to conflicts... that way you can choose.

Andi
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I think this is a common issue with wireless calendar sync. Outlook to the handheld calendar works fine, blackberry to outlook not as well.... I've seen several hot fixes or service packs for the BES that show this being fixed but it still continues to happen. What was explained to me is that the calendar entries from the BB to outlook can get "lost" due to the priorities of the device. Incoming mail first, then outgoing and then calendar etc... If signal strength is low when it gets to calendar entries they get dropped. I have had users complain about it but when I test it works like 99.95% of the time. This used to be blamed on BES/exchange permissions and cdo.dll files too... Frustrating but I have not seen a consistent fix!!

sbaska
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
i have a user experiencing the exact opposite. the calender from outlook is not syncing with the handheld (8700c) through intellisync or wirelessly. my handheld syncs just fine, but for some reason hers will not sync up. it only appears to be the calender as all her emails are coming through just fine.
we just exchanged her phone through cingular's warranty program early this week and everything was working great until yesterday when her new appointments didnt sync.
any ideas? please help.

gbr1ryder
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Same problem here. Try to set up a calendar event in the BB (Pearl) and doesn't not sync with Outlook. Seems to be the theme here. I have posted something similar to this in another thread. Hopefully someone who knows the answer out there will see our postings and help out! HELP!