PDA

View Full Version : OS 3.7 Problem. Weird.

Tom
08-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I am getting an error now after reinstalling OS 3.7 on my laptop it gives me a error of:

"No system software was found on your handheld. Contact your system administrator or service provider for information on installing your handheld system software"

Any suggestions?

Should I call Telus and inform them of this issue? I am assuming a packet is missing on my blackberry.

AndyVX
08-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Could it be becuase you have the beta 4.0 software installed on your handheld?

Tom
08-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Could it be becuase you have the beta 4.0 software installed on your handheld?

I dont, I have 4.0 installed on another handheld. 4.0 Beta doesnt want to install on my 7750 for some reason.

kirson
08-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Just a shot in the dark, but did you remove the VENDOR.XML file?

(shut down Desktop manager, locate and delete VENDOR.XML and then restart Desktop Manager)

Ian

Tom
08-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Just a shot in the dark, but did you remove the VENDOR.XML file?

(shut down Desktop manager, locate and delete VENDOR.XML and then restart Desktop Manager)

Ian

Tried it, still does the same thing :(

kirson
08-20-2004, 10:36 PM
You know, I went through something like this a while back...I deleted everything Blackberry from my laptop, and reinstalled from scratch. I don't think you need to go that far overboard, but perhaps use Add/Remove Software to remove Desktop Manager AND Handheld Software, and then reinstall both?

Just trying to be creative here...

Ian

Gothalyptic
08-21-2004, 09:08 AM
I had the same happen while trying to instal Reqireless and some other 3rd party aps, I had to do a full uninstal, registry and all folders and pointers. Got the updated desktop software and now haven't a problem. Sorry I can't be of more help but this is what solved it for me.

bb_tech
08-21-2004, 09:31 AM
The solution to this issue is VERY simple. You do not have the handheld loader files installed on your computer. You will need to download the .exe file from your carriers website and install the loader files. At that point, when you run App Loader, it will display the list of modules.