PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Server AND Pop account

awizrd
04-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I just picked up my 8703e from Verizon and so far so good. My company has me setup on our Blackberry Enterprise Server and that seems to be working. When I picked up my BB, I was told that I could also monitor up to 10 pop3 accounts. It just seems like the two don't like playing well together as I can't get the pop3 account to reconcile. Interestingly, there appears to be two OPTIONs for reconciliation...my Pop3 account and Desktop. The only issue is that you can't set 'DESKTOP' for the Messages icon and Pop3 for the pop account...Am I missing something?

I'm not using the redirector for anything

Thanks

fiffer
04-07-2007, 01:46 AM
You could set up the POP3 accounts in Outlook and they would sync to the exchange server.

JerryD
04-07-2007, 05:39 AM
I just picked up my 8703e from Verizon and so far so good. My company has me setup on our Blackberry Enterprise Server and that seems to be working. When I picked up my BB, I was told that I could also monitor up to 10 pop3 accounts. It just seems like the two don't like playing well together as I can't get the pop3 account to reconcile. Interestingly, there appears to be two OPTIONs for reconciliation...my Pop3 account and Desktop. The only issue is that you can't set 'DESKTOP' for the Messages icon and Pop3 for the pop account...Am I missing something?

I'm not using the redirector for anything

Thanks POP accounts do NOT reconcile, and pulling that email into your OUTLOOK inbox will do nothing but clutter it up (and probably tick off your IT people too) - just like the BlackBerry's Messages (uggh!). It will NOT SYNC that way. The BES monitors the EXCHANGE SERVER - NOT Your Outlook OST/PST.

The only "sync" operation available on POP accounts is if you delete on your BB and select to delete on Mailbox, the email will be deleted from the POP server's inbox - and, BTW, be irrevocably deleted - it is NOT sent to the Trash or Deleted Items. Simply put, there is no email synchronization available with BIS.

fiffer
04-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry about the bad advice... I thought that what ever was in the OST file would be pushed to the phone.

Max Power
04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry about the bad advice... I thought that what ever was in the OST file would be pushed to the phone.

It does. I do this with one pop account that I haven't switched over to my exchange server yet.

It works pretty good. One downside is that you have to have outlook open to receive the emails and have them transfer to your blackberry. There are a couple other small issues but I can't think of them right now.