PDA

View Full Version : setting up blackberry internet service

monkeydluff
04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi I just bought my first blackberry. It's a used unlocked 8700c. I've been trying to get the BIS setup but there is no option to select it on the home screen. I looked at the user guide already and the icon is supposed to be next to the Enterprise Activation icon. I have no idea what to do. I did a search through the forums already, but I can't seem to find any answers. Any help is appreciated. thanks

NJBlackBerry
04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Welcome to BB Forums.

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your account?

monkeydluff
04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't have a Data plan. Just got the the device last night and popped in my sim for phone service only. Just fiddling around and noticed that the individual email icon was gone. It's not a hidden icon cause I tried unhiding it.

Dubdub
04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Best way is to do it via the carrier's BIS site. Since you didn't say who your carrier is, I can't help with a link. However if you use google, you can find it.

JSanders
04-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't have a Data plan. Just got the the device last night and popped in my sim for phone service only. Just fiddling around and noticed that the individual email icon was gone. It's not a hidden icon cause I tried unhiding it.

Email icon, web browser, etc., will not show up until you get a BB Data Plan. The icon is not "gone", it simply is not going to be there until you the Data Plan.

Not BB Data Plan = no email, no PIN messages, no internet. You have a phone with SMS as it is.

BBChristopher
04-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Can't set up any of the BIS services without having a data plan.

Which carrier are you with???