PDA

View Full Version : 8800 and Bluetooth Tethering - Last Resort

TChachra
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hello All,

I have searched high and low...but I am missing something.
I finally got some time to play with the 8800 and bluetooth to my laptop and desktop. I then setup a DUN connection through Cingular on the laptop, while the BB was connected via usb cable. GREAT...it works.

Now then. I want to use Bluetooth to make the DUN connection. I click on the DUN link and it cannot communicate with the 'Standard Modem'.

What step have I missed. I have an incoming serial port configured in the Bluetooth stack. Desktop Manager see's the BB and can do it stuff.....

Help!!!

wer165
04-10-2007, 09:47 PM
TChachra, unistall your Cingular Communication Manager and then re-install the latest version. You can download the latest version here Wireless Services | High-Speed wireless connectivity for mobile devices (http://business.cingular.com/businesscenter/solutions/wireless-laptop/software.jsp)

After you have installed the latest Cingular Communication Manager then you will do your install via "Tools, then Device Wizard" from within the Cingular Communication Manager.

If you have paired your laptop and 8800, then unpair them before the install. When you do an install via "Tools, then Device Wizard" from within the Cingular Communication Manager, it will give an opportunity to do that.

I am actually typing this message to you now using my laptop and my 8800 as a bluetooth modem, so it will work.

TChachra
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the information. Just tried it....I can pair the device but Cingulars sW doesnt find it. I think this may be a VISTA issue.