PDA

View Full Version : Notification LED - red blinking one long, three short - what does it mean?

sportspg
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
My Blackberry 8700c is less than a week old. It was working perfectly until today. I had just received a call, pushed the scroll wheel button to answer and the screen went black. The notification LED blinks in sequence, one long, three short, then repeats itself.

Does anyone have a translation as to what the one long/three short flashes mean? I went to the Cingular store - it's definitely the phone, not my SIM card.

ShortDog
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Have you pulled the battery and restarted it?

angler
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Same thing happenned to me today... my post is right above yours. :) Someone responded and said it happenned to him once and after awhile it came back. (in a day or so). I wonder if it happenned to us at the same time... that would be wierd!

sportspg
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I did all the normal stuff too - battery, tried a different SIM Card...nada. The guys at the Cingular store thought it was toast. Very interesting that I am not the only one this happened to. I'm in Florida on business, could it be geographical in nature?

angler
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm in California... definitly not geographical. :) Maybe a giant solar flare?? :)

takeshi
04-11-2007, 08:47 AM
(oops -- nevermind)

Figment
04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Arrrrrrrgh! I just did the same same thing again last night (usb cable came unplugged during an OS update) so now I'm in the same boat with you guys. What a coincidence. Three's the lucky number.

I forgot to mention in the other post, I heard that if you have content protection and or content compression enabled on your device that it will take even longer. Well... I have content protection on (last time I didn't) and it's doing exactly that.

I impatiently wait...

EDIT

I just forced a reinstall with the application loader, my pin showed up as unknown, but after following the normal steps I was able to initiate a install and everything is up and running for me now.

As for you Angler you might be able to do the same with the backup option to retrieve your business stuff, not sure if it will work but it's worth a try.

Good luck guys.

angler
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't know how to force re-install anything if my PC doesn't recognize the phone at all. Am I missing something?

Figment
04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
It's really no different from a normal install except for the desktop manager not recognizing the device. Just start up the application loader, select your device (should show up as "USB:UNKNOWN"), enter your password (if you have one) and after that it'll do some communication with your device and finally it'll take you to the software installation page were you can select what options to install.

If that doesn't work then it's probably time for a replacement unless you want to wait out that blinking light some more.

OrganicBerry
04-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Maybe it's having an identity crisis?

In morse-code _... is the code for "B"

BB BB BB BB BB

(sorry....couldn't resist)

sportspg
04-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Well I still don't have an answer for this. I have a replacement 8700c now, but I still have the old one and want to get it fixed. Anyone know where I can find an error translation for what this means? Thanks all.