PDA

View Full Version : I'm Just An Idiot

fourtheye28
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok I just got the 8800 today after a long debat with myself. First of all, there is no GPS option anywhere! I cannot find an option for it under the settings, and Google Maps does not say anything about GPS. Please help me!

JSanders
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Read the Sticky Notes at the top of this 8800 forum for lots of info on your question. Good Luck with it.

maxboostlude
04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Ok I just got the 8800 today after a long debat with myself. First of all, there is no GPS option anywhere! I cannot find an option for it under the settings, and Google Maps does not say anything about GPS. Please help me!
Sometimes you just need to give it a little time and the icons appear such as the html browser icon and telenav icon. Make sure your imei # is registered with cingular although this may or may not have an impact on the arrival of those icons.

Either that or read the faqs forum as im sure there is a quicker way.
But it will appear soon. Also, sometimes the telenav icon sometimes appears as an internet icon as you need to go online. This is rare i believe.

fourtheye28
04-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes I had to download it from the internet, but when I did, the phone would freeze at the loading screen for 30 minutes before I'd have to reset it. Also, I noticed in the GPS settings that nothing is connected, my location is 00'00'000...whatever. I guess I have to give it time, unfortunately I'm very antsy when it comes to these things :smile: 8-)

takeshi
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
You can download and use any GPS app that runs on the 8800. There's no need to wait for your carrier to push Telenav as the icon is really a shortcut to perform an OTA install anyway...

Under Options-Advanced Options->GPS a Refresh should update your coordinates. Just make sure you're outside with a clear view of the sky.