PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry and Mac

larrymcj
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
What application should I use to add/remove software to my 8703e when using a Mac? I'm currently using Exchange server/BES for all synching. Thanks.

LarryMcJ

ABuehrlen
04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
You can go to the link below and download PocketMac.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

larrymcj
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks! Last I read PocketMac would do everything except load applications...but I'll go try it anyway.

Larry

hls811
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
PocketMac still won't..

You'll need to install Bootcamp/Parallels/VMWare and install Windows then use Desktop Manager to install apps.

larrymcj
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
That's what I thought. I'll just use a Windows machine in the office. Maybe someday RIM will realize Mac users :-(

Larry

JoeIndy
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks! Last I read PocketMac would do everything except load applications...but I'll go try it anyway.

Larry

Using "Install Software to Device" under the "Utilities" drop down won't cut it for you? :)

elcivic
04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Using "Install Software to Device" under the "Utilities" drop down won't cut it for you? :)

I have found that about 1/4 of apps and themes i try to install via pocket mac do not work. They will seemingly install correctly, and even after a batt pull the app does no show, but will be loaded on the phone in options--advanced--apps.

When I fist got my 8100 I did a mac sync fist off, but then was having troubles installing OTA themes. They would download ok, and say installed ok, but would not show in my themes list. They were however, showing up when you look at your apps in settings. (I did about 8 battery pulls)

Now here is where it gets wierder. I did an OS upgrade on a PC, (i was on tmo .64, now .77) and after a restrore, the apps and themes that did not show up normally but were obviously loaded on the phone magically appears. I was able to do a few of the OTA installs that I could not do before succesfully too.

I then went home and re-synced my address book on mac, and NOW OTA themes wont install anymore. Its almost like the pocketmac sync effects the way apps and themes are installed and can fucntion (aka file placement, something missing).

So to wrap it up, Pocketmac syncing makes me unable to download OTA themes after a sync. If I do a complete phone OS upgrade on a PC, and then install All the themes you will want BEFORE you go home and sync to mac again.

(i tried a simple backup and restore on DM, also did 'wipe device' on BB, that did not solve either)

Hope this Helps some of you, kinda