PDA

View Full Version : If your BB still says Cingular, call CS

nexteldude930
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
They have been OTA'ing the change all day for users around the country. All you need to do is call them and ask for it and they will send it right away. Then do a battery pull. Works like a charm.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, Cingular (AT&T) is beginning the process of making all of their phones say AT&T instead of Cingular)

dandrzejewski
04-15-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll just wait and when it happens, it happens... it's a cosmetic change.

jasonfont426
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
They have been OTA'ing the change all day for users around the country. All you need to do is call them and ask for it and they will send it right away. Then do a battery pull. Works like a charm.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, Cingular (at&t) is beginning the process of making all of their phones say at&t instead of Cingular)

The alpha tag will read "AT&T", not "at&t" which is incorrect unless you're using approved logo artwork. Also, there is no need to call anyone on this matter. AT&T is pushing the change automatically to every customer over the next several months.

nexteldude930
04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
The alpha tag will read "AT&T", not "at&t" which is incorrect unless you're using approved logo artwork. Also, there is no need to call anyone on this matter. AT&T is pushing the change automatically to every customer over the next several months.
Looks like I pushed someone's buttons...

I was not implying that every single person here needed to call immediately. I know there are some users who "like" to have their phone constantly updated so I figured they'd be the ones calling. Excuse the capitalization errors, I had no idea they would bother you so much. Kind of reminds me of a grammar nazi.

Again, sorry I pushed your buttons.

jasonfont426
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
You didn't push my buttons, sorry you thought that. It is always best to set proper expectations. Oh, and you're correct...you didn't imply anything, you blatantly told people to call to receive an OTA update if their BB still said Cingular. The purpose of my post was to let people know that there is no action required to receive this update. I can just imagine how long people with legitimate reasons to call customer service are going to have wait on hold because of people calling for this update.

camaxtli
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, Cingular (AT&T) is beginning the process of making all of their phones say AT&T instead of Cingular)

Thanks, but like dandrzejewski said, its just cosmetic. I do however wonder if there will be any other changes like apn settings and so forth. Do you know if there are going to be any or is it too soon to tell?8-)

nexteldude930
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Right now all I know is that they are just pushing the new alpha tags to the devices, and thats it. I'm sure there will be other changes farther down the line, but they haven't said anything about those. FWIW, they are also beginning to phase out the Cingular branded phones (as in the phones having Cingular printed on them) and bringing in the ones branded with the AT&T logo.

Pizzle
04-16-2007, 12:50 AM
When it's already being discussed here...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/72982-cingular-apply-t-alpha-all-new-customers-upgraders-display-tomorrow.html

There's zero need for this thread to even exist.

***thread closed***