PDA

View Full Version : newb startup questions

mediaman
04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
1) When I receive email on my exchange server, I want it to stay there even if I delete it from the 8800. There is supposed to be an option to "not to delete from Mailbox". but I could not find it....

2) Initially my sent mail and received mail were both visible at the same time. ie, intermingled in the 8800 inbox which I found confusing. I found the option to 'hide' sent mail.....but when I do reallly want to see my sent mail (and only the sent mail), how do I do it? Must I go back to 'unhide' or is there an option somewhere to view sent mail??

3) Before I get myself in trouble, if I want to set a security password for the device, and go to options/security/general settinga to enable it...am I given a clear prompt to specify a password?...or is it to be set somewhere else in advance? Dont want to lock myself out!

4) I note the MUTE button puts the device is standby. What are the differences between
-standby mode
- the mode that occurs after 30 seconds in inactivity when the screen blanks out
- being off as a result the auto off/on mode
- powering off

picapiedra
04-17-2007, 08:50 PM
My thoughts...
I think blackberry makes you confirm the password twice before accepting it, so you should be safe from locking yourself out.

You can always filter search your email using "From" in the address field, and part of your address for the value.

I set my Synch/Redirector settings to let the desktop win.

--rog.

pondorpool
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
1) When I receive email on my exchange server, I want it to stay there even if I delete it from the 8800. There is supposed to be an option to "not to delete from Mailbox". but I could not find it....

When you are in the Messages application it's under Menu / Options / Email Reconciliation / Delete On - for which you can then choose between "Mailbox and Handheld", "Handheld" (which is sounds like what you want), or "Prompt" (which means you can choose each time you delete a msg if you want to leave it on the server or not).

2) Initially my sent mail and received mail were both visible at the same time. ie, intermingled in the 8800 inbox which I found confusing. I found the option to 'hide' sent mail.....but when I do reallly want to see my sent mail (and only the sent mail), how do I do it? Must I go back to 'unhide' or is there an option somewhere to view sent mail??

Under Menu / View Folder - you will get a list of Mailbox folders of which one of them is entitled "Sent Items". You can simply go here to view all your sent mail (or saved messages, deleted items, Junk mail, MMS/SMS mgs, call logs, etc)

Hope this helps...

mediaman
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
When you are in the Messages application it's under Menu / Options / Email Reconciliation / Delete On - for which you can then choose between "Mailbox and Handheld", "Handheld" (which is sounds like what you want), or "Prompt" (which means you can choose each time you delete a msg if you want to leave it on the server or not).

Under Menu / View Folder - you will get a list of Mailbox folders of which one of them is entitled "Sent Items". You can simply go here to view all your sent mail (or saved messages, deleted items, Junk mail, MMS/SMS mgs, call logs, etc)

Hope this helps...

Very helpful... All good now...many thanks.