PDA

View Full Version : EVDO Outtage in the San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula?

apple85
04-18-2007, 11:36 AM
SO i've got a 8703 and I haven't had EVDO service all morning is there an outtage?

jungleland
04-18-2007, 12:15 PM
SO i've got a 8703 and I haven't had EVDO service all morning is there an outtage?

Have you turned on a television in the last 12hours? or maybe read the VERY first thread on this VERY forum?

either of those might answer your question;-) ;-)

jtdarden
04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
This issue is different from the RIM outage, which is a known issue.

I am in SF, and I am experiencing intermittent EVDO coverage and issues (1x, lowercase evdo). I am going to call into Sprint to see if there is a known outage.

jungleland
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
This issue is different from the RIM outage, which is a known issue.

I am in SF, and I am experiencing intermittent EVDO coverage and issues (1x, lowercase evdo). I am going to call into Sprint to see if there is a known outage.

wrong! This is VERY MUCH a RIM issue. upper EVDO means you have connection to the data network through RIM, lowercase means no connection...

jtdarden
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
wrong! This is VERY MUCH a RIM issue. upper EVDO means you have connection to the data network through RIM, lowercase means no connection...

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The 1xev (1XEV) letters have nothing to do with RIM's NOC. These are specific to the carrier's data network, voice network, and other indicators. For Sprint, this equates to the following:

1 = voice channel registration
X = 1x data speed registration
EV = EVDO (high speed) data registration

So, it is a separate issue, and completely unrelated to the RIM NOC issue.

Thanks for playing.

jungleland
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The 1xev (1XEV) letters have nothing to do with RIM's NOC. These are specific to the carrier's data network, voice network, and other indicators. For Sprint, this equates to the following:

1 = voice channel registration
X = 1x data speed registration
EV = EVDO (high speed) data registration

So, it is a separate issue, and completely unrelated to the RIM NOC issue.

Thanks for playing.

yeah, OBVIOUSLY!!

You are painfully wrong, the lack of EVDO is 100% connected to the RIM issue.

Adieu...