PDA

View Full Version : Spam on my Verizon 7103e and Yahoo Mail Plus

traveling guy
04-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok, the novelty of owning this device is wearing off now after 4 months as I continue to be plagued by spam. I have read many threads on this forum and I've tried setting the filters through my BIS Verizon site to no avail.

I use ATT Yahoo as my ISP and a free Yahoo account with 1sub account. By using their Web Mail service as well as Outlook 2007 on my desktop PC, I can see that Yahoo's Spam Guard does get about 90%+ of the spam. But when they push a copy of my emails to my BB, there is no spam protection as ALL of the emails (good ones and the spam) get sent to it.

For only $20 a year that Yahoo charges for their Mail Plus service, it sounds good but will this solve my problem?

I don't want to change my email address nor do I want to go the Gmail forwarding route.

traveling guy
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok, I finally figured it out! I didn't have my sub account configured properly to catch any spam at all. Both my core email account and my sub account are now configured correctly and it works fantastic. So for those of you that are saying I'm getting bombarded by spam, make sure you investigate all of yor ISP mail carrier settings before you go routing things all over the place. I can't believe Gmails Spam protection is that much betters than Yahoos. Unless your on a BES, the key to getting spam under control is through your ISP, not Outlook or any other stand alone spam catching program.

I was just using Outlook before, but now I have setup my two email accounts so they can be accessed via Web Mail as well to see what is being spaminated and what's going through to my Inbox and BB.

And it only took me 4 months (and some free time this week) to figure it out!

KimA1967
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the info, was very useful!