PDA

View Full Version : Handheld won't Enterprise Activate

dirtybirdy78
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I have 7290 handheld that I'm trying to run enterprise activation on. No matter what I do it just hangs at the activation screen. After about 30 minutes it then tells me that it could not connect and to contact my system administrator. I can activate any other user, but for some reason I can't do it for me despite being setup in blackberry manager. Is there something that would be preventing me from doing this?

penguin3107
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Are you sure that the line has a BES data plan on it, and not just a BIS data plan?
I would double-check with the carrier.

dirtybirdy78
04-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes it does have the data plan, and it's BES 4.0

penguin3107
04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Maybe I wasn't clear...

There's different types of Blackberry Data Plans. Not all of them support BES.
You really should call the carrier to verify that your Blackberry Data Plan on your account supports BES. It's a quick phone call which can save you a lot of headaches.

mattk0
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
as Penguin3107 said, try double checking the BES Plan
- You can also try sending a pin2pin message to yourself to see if you are registered with blackberry services through your carrier

- Additionally are you getting an e-mail from RIM while activating?

- Have you tried deleting the user on the BES and wiping the handheld and totally starting over by re-creating the user on the BES?

jbairdjr
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I had this problem with my Alltel 8703. I had to call their call center and get BES activated to my account (I had BIS only before). Took a couple of minutes.

blenahan
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
as Penguin3107 said, try double checking the BES Plan

- Additionally are you getting an e-mail from RIM while activating?

As others have said, when I run into this with our users, there are two culprits: the device has a BIS plan, opposed to a BES plan OR they have automatic inbox rules that are forwarding the RIM emails to a Personal Folder. This has to retain in the inbox for the activation to complete.

Hope this helps

stonent
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I had this happen before. A filter that a user had set in outlook to delete certain messages was deleting the rim.net e-mails before the BES could forward them to the device, therefore they never got in and the device would not start activation.

careyana
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
One other thing to suggest is to ensure that you're typing in the email address correctly. I know from past experiences doing wireless activations that if the email addresses don't match, it won't work.

mavsx
04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
any luck bro?