PDA

View Full Version : 8703e Bluetooth Services Issue

Blue Pirate
04-21-2007, 04:34 AM
I have a Bell Mobility 8700 series BB and have successfully tethered it as a modem and can sync via bluetooth. My issue is I can't seem to get it to tether via bluetooth. Windows detects and pairs with my BB and I can sync, but says I have no available services.....none. If I use third party software the only service I have is "Audio Gateway". I think what I'm needing is "bluetooth serial port" and if so how can i enable it?

jtdarden
04-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (8703e Sprint: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

To my knowledge, tethering via BT is not possible. It can sync data, but the BT profile does not allow it to access the radio.

Blue Pirate
04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure i understand. It dosn't have to access the radio just my comp. Then the prog "Voyaguer" connects to my radio.

Blue Pirate
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok I've managed to tether it as a modem fine using only windows and i can also connect to the comp via bluetooth but when I try dialing when my berry is connected via bluetooth it says my modem isn't connected. What am I missing here?

jtdarden
04-22-2007, 04:11 AM
When I say radio, I am refering to the radio on the Blackberry. That is what it uses to transmit voice and data. The bluetooth profile will not allow you to access this function. It is hard-coded into the device, and to my knowledge cannot be changed.
Sorry to say, but what you're trying to do is not possible.