PDA

View Full Version : Newbie With 7100T unlocked berry on Cingular Network

DarylP
04-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello all I'm new to this blackberry thing. I purchased a new 7100t from the internet. Pluged in my Sim card from my sony Cingular phone and have got the Berry working on Cingulars voice data network. My problem is I've been trying to get it to connect to their data network for internet apps. I have signed up for a berry plan with Cingular for the berrys phone number but I'm still getting the connection refused message. Even after rebooting the phone or trying the host route send request. The other problem is that there is no browser icon on this phone. I need some help.. Have also tried the TCP settings for Cingular that is listed in the forum with no luck. Anyone have more info that I can use? Tks Daryl..:?

LunkHead
04-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Call Cingular and have them make sure you are on a data plan.... Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for the data plan to provision...

NJBlackBerry
04-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Once your berry data plan gets added to to your berry account, then the berry web browser icon will appear on the berry.

DarylP
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Tks and Tks for the quick reply

bl5893
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
I am also having a similiar issue with my blackberry 7100t. i just purchased it from tiger direct The OS is v4.1.0.309. I have cingular media net package where i get 1000 texts a month and 1mb internet/media.net usuage. on all my other phones i was able to access internet to download ringtones and such. I tried downloading from the cingular site and never rcvd on my blackberry. also had a friend send a mms message and i never received. anyone have any ideas??

JSanders
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Yep, one BIG idea.... do you have the REAL Blackberry Data Plan?

The "1mb internet/media.net usuage" is not the same as a BB Data Plan, you'll soon find out.

jasonb
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I also have a 7100T on the Cingular network. I would definately go with the unlimited plan they offer. There are several different plans they have, just make sure they give you the right one. It took me several phone calls for them to get it right.

bl5893
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I wanted to check out and see how the plan works for me before i switch to something more. However i am not able to get any multimedia messages at all or even access a browser as there is no browser icon on my blackberry. I spoke with cingular support and they stated that i may never be able to get multimedia messages i cant beleive that would be true, but i dont know how to access any browser as there is no icon. does anyone have any ideas as to any setting that i may need to configure as mms is not functioning on my blackberry at all. The phone appears to be an old tmobile that was unlocked. let me know if anyone has any suggestions thanks

JSanders
04-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Duplicate Post, bl5893.

You won't get a browser without the BB Data Plan.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-7100-series-discussion/74380-mms-does-not-work-my-blackberry-7100t-help.html