PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7280 LED stays on after wipe, computer not picking up device

raijin
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a 7280 which one day after sending an email, refused to go to the homescreen, it was stuck on this one screen saying messages, saved messages, options.

I decided to do a wipe and reload the O/S but the phone has been a dud ever since.

After the erase, the LED has remained lit and there is no other sign of life from the phone. The screen is dead, there is no recognition when its plugged into the computer and of course button presses do nothing.

I have gone through the forums, but did not see anyone encountering a problem like this. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help in advance.

stonent
04-22-2007, 08:12 PM
See if it gets detected by the desktop manager, and try to reload the OS. Instructions are in the forum.

raijin
04-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Tried that, desktop manager cannot detect the device at all. It's what I used to do the erase.

mavsx
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
what about JL loader?, that little program is money for wiping handhelds, then you use the desktop manager to install the OS

raijin
04-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah tried JL Loader too and it doesnt detect the Blackberry. The red light stays on and JL Loader isnt able to do anything

mavsx
04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
is this a new BB??, maybe you got a lemon. Insurance?