PDA

View Full Version : Stopped getting emails

Paul82
04-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I have had my Blackberry 8800 for about 3 months and all of the sudden I stopped getting my emails. I have tried resetting it up but still nothing. Does anybody have any ideas?

LunkHead
04-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Have you tried pulling the battery for 30 seconds??

If so, have you tried to resend the service books???

Paul82
04-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, I have tried both of those.

LunkHead
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Could be a Cingular issue then.... You might want to call them and see if all is OK with their system and or your account....

JSanders
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Are you on a corporate BES account.

More detail of your issue would help.

(I edited the post, redundant info).

Paul82
04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I only use my Hotmail account with my phone.

I will try and call Cingular

garesq
04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I only use my Hotmail account with my phone.

I will try and call Cingular

I've had a similar issue with my Yahoo email account. I got an email from the Blackberry server that the account could no longer be accessed. This happened after the recent infamous network outage.

Cingular couldn't help me so I forked over the $50 to call RIM's tech support. I was told that the BIS server has an issue with Yahoo email accounts at this time. That issue hasn't been resolved as of yesterday.

My work-around was to establish a gmail account to pull my email from Yahoo. Gmail works fine with BIS. I'd suggest doing that in the meantime. But do send the service books again to your BB.

bulbboy
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I stopped getting emails as of yesterday - can't figure out why?

JSanders
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Pull the battery first, reboot the phone.
Can you get SMS, PIN, and use the browser?

Jeff Koncius
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Well, my 7130e (from Verizon) stopped getting emails last week due to the address being "invalid" and no matter how many times I validate it or delete and re-enter the email info, it just stops getting email (same for getting new service books, taking out the battery, praying to the BB gods, etc.). I then get the "donotreply" email of death from BB saying the account is "no longer accessible". I was just told by BB that it is a known issue with yahoo servers and there is no fix. So, there is nothing I can do other than redirect the mail to my BB address and wait for a fix to occur. What makes this frustrating is that my business partner has the same BB, with Verizon as well and also has an email address with yahoo small business (same domain) and he is not having the problem. The BB guy said that it all depends on what server BB looks to for the email and that just because mine is invalid does not mean that my partner's will suffer the same fate (and in fact, his has not had any problems). Great.

joespys
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok this happened to me once - but make sure that in your Security Settings there is no firewall block for BIS. . . silly as it sounds it blocked all my emails. . . I was just discovering and messing around when it happened :oops: