PDA

View Full Version : problems with tmo 8800

benway
04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Got it yesterday and I have run into a few problems. This is my first BB, so apologies if these are "operator error'

When I got it, they had forgotten to add the BB service. [BIS]

I called Tmo and they sent service books and I got a rash of sms from them. I was able to set up a bb email address and received email.

However I also got a T Zones browser-- no BB Browser. and no internet connectivity.

the GPS works-- I can acquire satellites and get a fix but it wont download any maps.

I called Tech again and they sent more books and had me add wap.voicestream.com

no change.

called again and got a 3 rd set of books sent-- I now have the BB browser, and was told that it may take 24-48hrs for my account to work.

this morning, i have very slow connectivity [I have EDGE showing] and the maps still arent loading

any help much appreciated

thanks

JSanders
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
First suggestion, anytime you have a similar problem, first pull the battery with your device powered, bout 30 seconds, and replace to reboot the BB.

90% of the time, it will fix issues such as you are experiencing.

Outrigger
04-25-2007, 11:05 AM
if not, I would do a complete wipe and start from scratch. it doesn't sound like a hardware issue, but more from Tmo's side.

JSanders
04-25-2007, 11:17 AM
if not, I would do a complete wipe and start from scratch. it doesn't sound like a hardware issue, but more from Tmo's side.

That is a bit extreme at this point in the game, my opinion. The poster has not responded, but adding the WAP gateway requires a battery pull reboot to get it working, and if the user has not done that, it will appear to be still not working.

benway
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
thanks for the replies

I have pulled the battery after each service book update

however, it just started working, after doing nothing else, the bb maps loaded and I had internet

then it stopped again

I called Tmo again and they said the system had switched back to recognising my old non BB phone.

they say I should wait another 48hrs before they file a ticket?

thanks

caggarcia
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks for the replies

however, it just started working, after doing nothing else, the bb maps loaded and I had internet

then it stopped again

I called Tmo again and they said the system had switched back to recognising my old non BB phone.

thanks

Unfortunately, sometimes, it takes T-Mob's technicians that long to propagate you through their system. When I first got my BlackBerry 8100 last year, it took a full day and a half for my internet to even start kicking in.

I know it's easier said than done, but just wait. It's definitely not your device.

JDLaing
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
thanks for the replies

then it stopped again

thanks

Try this.........

Next time you get Internet Access errors got to Options then Advanced Options and then to Host Routing Table. Scroll down the list until the cursor is on the one in BOLD. Hit the Menu key and select Register Now.

That should refresh the Service Books that control the Internet and T-Zones.

I can't remember the last time I used T-Zones.

wayneholbrook
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I just got my 8800 yesterday and I could not sync it at all with outlook. I got an error saying "Make sure you have tour device pluged in." I called Rim and they said it was a corrupt software issue and I had to wipe out the software and re-install it, basically I had to create a password, and enter the wrong one in 10 times, and then it wiped itself clean and it all worked after that. Just in case anyone else comes across that problem.

takeshi
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Provisioning isn't always instantaneous. Cingular's generally pretty quick but I know with TMO it can take 24-48 hours.