PDA

View Full Version : Sending messages to yahoogroups on a BB

ChipFTAC01
04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
This is a problem that I have struggled with for years and not found a solution for, I hope that someone can help.

I use my BB for my work email (on a BES) but also forward my gmail to it as well. I manage multiple yahoogroups (which sends their emails to my gmail) and receive a goodly amount of emails from them. I would like to be able to respond to the messages, but I have never been able to figure out a way to. In my yahoogroups settings, I have my work email as well as my tmo.blackberry.net address added as alternate addresses (and if I'm sitting at my work desktop I can send emails to yahoogroups).

Whenever I respond to an email that I receive from yahoogroups, I shortly thereafter receive a message back from YG that says "Unable to deliver message from <myemail>@<hidden>"

I have no problem responding to YG messages when I am logged into gmail (either on my desktop or through BB Browser).

This would be great if someone can help me out. Thanks.

Walt
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure this will help you or not but here goes................
I know with yahoo groups you have to respond from the email account that the message was sent to. If you have multiple email accounts set up on your BB, make sure it is replying using the same email address the message was sent to and not your BB email address. If that doesn't work there is a program available that will let you respond to an email using any other account you have set up. You'll have to search for it. I forgot where I saw it but it was in this forum.