PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the case for 8700c

fb3
04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
I can't get a clear answer about this--

I want to replace the case on my 8700c (faceplate and back and battery door) with a BLACK faceplate, back, battery door.

Where can I get such a thing that will properly fit my 8700c?

I've looked at CNN.CN and they seem to have 8700G faceplate w/lens, but

(A) I don't know if it'll fit the 8700c keyboard
(B) I can't tell whether it's dark blue or black.
(C) It's T-Mobile branded (not that it makes a lot of difference)

Is there some way to do this replacement case easily?

Is there any alternative method?

Thanks.

takeshi
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Have you tried searching? I know we've had many many discussions about housing swaps on this site. Instructions are definitely on this site and there's no alternative. You either replace it or you don't ;)

In short, for a black housing you'd have to get one via ebay. You'd have to get a black housing from a supplier that offers them. I forget who I bought mine from but it was a seller in Hong Kong. The case was quite a bit unusual because there was no carrier logo under the clear lens just under the cutout for the LCD. Instead, just under the keyboard was a small depression for the carrier logo like on older BB housings. I don't know who this case was designed for...

You can use the 8700r housing but it's really blue -- not black.

The 8700g housing isn't black either. It's even lighter than the 8700r housing and you'd have to get an 8700g keyboard as well as the housing.

junior1790
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Try this SITE (http://www.promobility.com)

jetspeedz
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I have a black case.. infact i sanded mine down thanks to a DIY but i didnt like the way it came out... so i bought one from China Store...

the problem with that case is this... the inside of the lens was dirty and while trying to clean it got easily scratched... also there are 2 imperfections on the outside of the lens small but still there... lastly the holes where you screw the Torx screws back in are not the same size as the oem screws so it sits loose in there so i used PVC around the screw to make up the diff and it works but from time to time if you drop it it will come loose.. and lastly it does come with a speakerphone which is nice so i dont have to remove the old one.. and on top right under the headphone it says "BlackBerry" and thats it no carrier logo at the bottom which is fine with me... would i buy another one... Maybe but i was a bit dissapointed with the imperfections i got this time...